Search This Blog

Saturday 27 July 2013

Interview with business owner Studio 21

Handmade N Beyond spoke with Creator of Studio 21 
Meet Surbhi Mathur the Creator behind Studio 21. Hold a full time Job and creates her passion on the side.


Business: Studio 21        

                                 Name: Surbhi Mathur




How did you get your start?.....

 I love making handmade gifts for my friends and family. Basically I am a finance graduate but my love for crafts was never ending. I joined a handicraft export house and I use to sit for hours with designers and I always use to observe them how they work. Then after 2 years I wanted to do something of my own. I designed few picture frames and put them on social networking sites and guess what they were all SOLD…that inspires me a lot..!! Recently we came up with our brand called “Studio 21”…and it’s doing quite well…

What INSPIRED you and WHEN

I am very active on social networking sites and I have a hobby of liking crafting and creative pages on Facebook. When I look at the pictures and read about women entrepreneurs. It inspires me to work more and more. I started my own venture in 2010 and launched it again in 2013 and now giving my 100% in this.
Do you have formal training? Not at all…it’s all in genus I guess…J I’ll give full credit to my mother for this and of course to my husband who supports me a lot..!!

What is your day job?
I am working in a MNC as a process developer I love both my jobs..:)
What's the best part of having your own business?...Creative ideas all around and yes no boundationsssss and people call u “ENTREPRENEUR ” (sounds exciting        )

How do you plan for the future of your business?  
As of now I am looking

As an Artist, what is your biggest frustration?
Pricing…and yes payments. I do have many payment options but still sometimes I get stuck in getting my payments on time. It feels bad and frustrating..     
  
Are there any crafters/artists/designers that you particularly look up to? 
I keep on visiting many Facebook pages and by looking at their handwork I feel inspired to work more more more. But personally I am not in touch with anyone.     
          
What advice can you offer other creative people who are just starting out and following their passions? 
Dream Dream Dream…keep ur mind open and let the creative ideas come in and do ur best. People will definitely going to appreciate ur work one day..thats my personal experience and if u fail, accept it and try again..don’t stop


How can fans purchase your work? Do you take custom orders and special requests?
You can visit our page on facebook,Studio-21 or mail us at studio21.surbhi@gmail.com and let us know ur requirement. We can customise our products according to your requirement. You are on itshandmade.in and indiebazzar also. Visit us there..!! J

No comments:

Post a Comment