Search This Blog

Monday 15 July 2013

Interview with Timeless Creazion

Name Christalina Ilett 




How did you get your start?

I began my business way back in 2003 but was just a no show, mostly turned out to be gifts for free and a little of teaching Candle making I quit it for a full time Job. second try was in 2011 again failed attempt but then I gave it my all in 2012 and it has been picking up every since. I used to sit at my work Desk and make gifts and give gifts and endlessly browse.Self thought from patterns to materials to experiment with and finally the Continuous Encouragement from My husband and the first investor My sister . said "make Rs 700 from this 500 I invested in you" :D which I did. And Ideas have kept flowing and things have never been better. I love everyday and look forward to creating one thing everyday at-least.


I WAS INSPIRED WHEN…

I was a little girl. Candles making classes, and Mehendi, nothing related to what I do now.But crafting is my passion always wanted to do so since I was a child used to teach candle making for a while back in 2003.Later I got Hooked seeing my sister Crochet she is a Genius she has helped me in all the patterns I have in store till date. Clay work was my inspiration from Etsy while I used to kill time at work on my desk.

Do you have formal training? - Non

What is your day job? 
I recently left a position where I wore many hats. And finally with a lot of Encouragement, I  built all my courage to jump to a long time dream and with 2 failed attempts of having my own business. My third try is a success (never never give-up).

What's the best part of having your own business? 
You work within your own time frame. You design something (work) because you choose to, not because your boss tells you to do so. You are your own boss. And it is such a great reward when you succeed in it. It gives me pride in my own achievements.

How do you plan for the future of your business?
Right now I definitely take opportunities as they come.  Some day I hope to have a more formal business.   I definitely never want a desk job again .

As an Artist, what is your biggest frustration?

People who think Handmade is cheap.

Are there any crafters/artists/designers that you particularly look up to?

Everyone and anyone who work with their own two hands, has an imagination that brings their work to life.


What advice can you offer other creative people who are just starting out and following their passions?

Start by making something easy – jewellery is a good place to start. You should make something you really want to make – that way you won’t give up when it gets difficult. When people compliment you on what you’ve created, it’ll give you a real boost and encourage you to continue. Also – learn little techniques that will help you in lots of different crafts.
There are so many people selling jewellery/bags/shoes/magnets/bookmarks or anything else out there -- it might make you think there isn't room for another one. The most important thing is have your own original and unique style. Once you have a stable production, promote and update your products regularly to magazines, blogs, stores, and wholesalers. Give samples to press. Out of the many places you approach, one or two will be interested, and that's where it counts, so don't get discouraged if promising avenues end up going nowhere.


We live in such a mass-produced, buy-it-now society where everything is either a click or a short drive away. Why should people continue to make things by hand?

When you make something by hand, you’re forced to slow down — to learn the craft, to find inspiration or to take it to another level. It also helps maintain some level of individuality;  I love being able to create things to look how I’d like, in the colors that I like, knowing that no one else may look the same.

How can fans purchase your work? Do you take custom orders and special requests?
Yes I custom order
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Timeless-Creazion
 email: timelesscreazion@gmail.com
also Have online shops where my work can be Purchased:
http://craftsvilla.com/timelesscreazion
http://timeless-creazion.itshandmade.in/
http://www.indiebazaar.com/shop/timelesscreazion

Please do visit us on HandmadeNBeyond to view Artist work featured

2 comments: