Search This Blog

Sunday 30 March 2014

Interview with business owner SiyaArts

Handmade N Beyond spoke with Creators of SiyaArts - Jayashri Sanathkumar


Business: SiyaArts

Name: Jayashri Sanathkumar

Location: US


How did you get your start?

I started off with quilling as a hobby inspired by few creations online. I was awestruck by the beauty

and variations in jewellery that could be created using paper as a major medium. I used to spend a

lot of time to explore on the different techniques of quilling. In the recent times , I started exploring

with polymer clay and trying to better my skills at it. Jewellery making is yet another added passion

to my box of passions which include Music, Photography, Baking , Traveling.

What INSPIRED you and WHEN

Inspired by the online creations, I started trying out various patterns. The whole process was so

much fun and gave in a lot of room to explore “The Creative Me” . Few of my friends felt , I should

scale it up to the next level . The whole idea behind my facebook page” SiyaArts” I owe to my best

friend who gave me the push to come up with a medium to exhibit my work. So “SiyaArts” was

officially launched in June’2013.

Do you have formal training?

I am a self learner with loads of experimenting in line and I have totally enjoyed this path of

learning . I think as a self learner, experimenting is the key to get better and better!You can definitely

master your skills. Recently someone was surprised to know that I do not have any sketches for my

work. It’s all in the flow and I owe this to the almighty!

What's the best part of having your own business?

Honestly , I have no business model. It’s more of a Passion! I love to create for people who love my

work. There have been instances where I have offered SiyaArts friends & followers my jewellery

creations as a token of my love for them. I love customizations , especially when the person leaves

the choice of design to me just with specific colour request. It broadens my creativity horizon.

Possessing any form of art as a passion, is a great stress reliever in today’s scenario .

How do you plan for the future of your business?

I think I need to first make a proper business model , if at all I wish to turn my passion to career. One

aspect which I would definitely focus on is conducting workshops. I believe in imparting whatever

skills I possess to enthusiastic learners and to bring out the creativity within each of them.

As an Artist, what is your biggest frustration?

I have faced few instances where I got upset on knowing that my work was being copied by people .

It’s absolutely fine to get inspired from creations, but not make a carbon copy of it. I came aross this

very famous quote by Robin Sharma and it brought a wide smile on my face. “ You know you are

winning when you see you are being copied! So celebrate being copied”

Are there any crafters/artists/designers that you particularly look up to?

There are many international artists who have inspired me and have put the “right “ side of my brain

to more thinking !

What advice can you offer other creative people who are just starting out and following their

passions?

Try to identify your strengths and weakness of any artform that you wish to pursue . Always give

scope for improvement & welcome criticism. That can definitely take you to greater heights. Be

original and get creative. Do not limit your imagination . Remember “Success isn’t just about what

you accomplish in your life., It’s about what you inspire others to do”
. So encourage amateur/other

artists and be an inspiration to them in whatever little way that you can do.

How can fans purchase your work? Do you take custom orders and special requests?

You can drop a message with product code or if you want any customizations to be done.

FacebookPage : www.facebook.com/SiyaArts email me @ siyaarts@gmail.com


No comments:

Post a Comment