1. www.facebook.com/DeeptiDesigns . My Facebook page is at www.facebook.com/
2. www.facebook.com/AweArts And veenakannanphotography.com
- Description of the creation: Our jewelry set was created by me with my buddy Veena's concept of the design and colors based on her inspiration. This is a reversible set (can be worn either way) of necklace and two pairs of matching earrings that go with it.
- Process of Making: Primary material used is Polymer
clay. The design was hand drawn to make a template on paper and was
transferred to polymer clay to create base. Finer design details were
added to the base shape using Polymer clay, Swarovski stones and seed
beads. We made two rough versions for either side of the pendant and
refined the colors and designs based on the rough versions for the final
- Time taken: Total
of 2 days but with breaks in between to finalize and refine the details
(It was a absolute collaborative effort between us as we had a lot of
back and forth on changes to design based on what we saw in the rough
versions that were made and fine tuned with design and color changes
- Materials used: Polymer Clay, Swarovski Stones, Seed beads (golden), Glass bicone beads (for necklace), Findings like clasps etc (for earrings and necklace)
- Is it for Sale or Personal?: It is for Sale but it will be shipped from the US (so shipping charges will apply)
What inspired you and your Buddy and a title for the creation. One thing about your Buddy that made you want to work with him/her. (One line only from each participant).
- What inspired me and my buddy: The vibrant colors of an Indian street festival that Veena recently witnessed served as an inspiration in the overall choice of the unique combination of colors in the piece representing the vivacious, lively and bold mood, with the upcoming Ganesh Chaturti inspiring the other side of the pendant.
- Title: Dvaimātura (one who has two mothers). This is one of the names of Ganesha and we thought it is a great name for this Jewelry set since it was conceived and created by us - two mothers (me and my buddy :) and it also has two sides (reversible)
- One thing about your buddy that made you work with her? My buddy is my first cousin and we have been wanting to pair up for a while where she gives a design and I create it...and this was a an apt opportunity to do so.
- Canvas board
- Cardboard carton box
- Canvas wooden sticks(Comes along with the canvas board for support)
- Net cloth
- Coffee filter paper
- Wooden embellishments
- Acrylic colours
- Craft glue
- Clock parts
No.4 Story of Two cousins 1)Prachi Ghatwal
Working at Creative Capsule Infotech (IT Company), Goa
2)Riya Gaonker (My buddy)
Student at Goa College of Fine Arts
- Shoe box
- Craft papers
- Plastic lace
- Acrylic paints
NO 5. https://www.facebook.com/MyOwnLittleWorld89 and https://www.facebook.com/CraftyCr8tivity
Title : Love is in the air <3
About my Buddy : I did this project along with my sister. As said creative minds has no limit, she experiments herself in various mediums.
She do crochet, ribbon embroidery, tessellations, origami and most of all quilling is her favorite. :)
Description: "A lovely heart shaped tree made by combining quilling and papercut"
We thought of doing something which we can work together. she gave the complete idea of making a heart shaped tree.!
Materials used : It is made completely out of paper.
>Quilling strips and glue
>Handmade paper and cutting knife
Process of making: The trunk and branches of the tree, swing with two little birds and few hearts are drawn individually and i made the papercut from handmade paper using a knife.
My sister made various size of quilling hearts from 4 mm strips of colors pink, red and white. she divided the paper strips into three sizes of length 2 mm, 1.5 mm and most tiny one is 0.5 mm.
Finally we glued it in the cardboard of size 37 x 45 cm. Can you believe this whole tree has 231 hearts!!! <3 <3
Time required: We planned from the day contest was announced. As we combined and made it, we had lot of ideas which keeps on changing and we took almost 5 days to finish.
We both are crazy on doing crafts but we never worked together so far. We really enjoyed and had lot of fun doing it. Thanks to Handmade N Beyond for making it happen!! :)
fb page > www.facebook.com/CraftyCr8tivity
blog > https://craftycr8tivity.weebly.com/
fb page > www.facebook.com/myownlittleworld89
NO 6. Let's Paper It www.facebook.com/letspaperit
We both wanted to do something which would showcase the intricacy of the art of quilling and what best than our own mehendi patterns which adorns many a hand. So basically we have tried to incorporate the intricate mehendi patterns into a design using the art of quilling.
One thing about your Buddy that made you want to work with him/her -I love Agnisha's work especially her quilling but I also love her versatile character, she can work with anything and the end results are fab. Glad to work with her on this one.
Hridaya brings her own style to quilling. I have loved her work and when the buddy project came up the artist with whom I wanted to partner was 'Hri'. Was fun working with her. She was patient in dealing with me and waiting my last minute submission.
Hridaya's pages:Let's Paper It www.facebook.com/letspaperit
Agnisha's page: https://www.facebook.
NO 7. https://www.facebook.
Product: A Coffee Table Lamp made by a recycled wine bottle and hand painted lampshade .
WE also live just a walk away and Sat down creating this piece took us about a week . we share common interest in Creating love experimental. Just a perfect match we make .
Title: Time Keeper
Description: THe Desk organizer is what we Created . REcycled to make a Desk box. the shelves made of Quilling which is the best ouf what Totally creative does. also the Big Owl crochet to give the perfect accent to the watch. A little clay magnet and the pocket from an old jeans made by TImeless creazion. a totally full functional Project standing pretty on the desk and it already put to use.
Many colors, cultures and religions by all means but rise as one - INDIA
Process of making: paper quilling technique
Time taken : 2-3 days
Materials used: paper strips and embellishments (for title border)
If any one interested it can be on sale too...
The passion of creating unique handmade piece has inspired myself and my buddy reshma!
Title for the creation : unity in diversity
One thing about my buddy which made me to work with her is the zeal in exploring the creativity
Note: for the title , we have used quilled spiral border and certain embellishments and the letters are being quilled
And for the main creation we have done only by quilling paper